Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ahhhh

This week I have been so overwhelmed with just love for my kids.

Haley...
She started first grade this week and has been very emotional. Our neighbor picks up three of the kids from school to help us all out... (I take two of the kids to school). On Friday I got a call from school that Haley refused to get in the car with Karla. Now Karla is not a stranger. Haley is over at her house almost everyday! She is one of the only friends of mine that Haley will have a conversation with. On the phone, Haley was SCREAMING.... Mrs. Gilfry, her kindergarten teacher, had to coax her into the car. This broke my heart!!! I loved having Karla pick Haley up because it was right at nap time for Joe... so this coming week I will have to rearrange nap time.... I have to pick her up from school....

She loves her teacher, Miss Burrows. At Back to School night, her teacher told us that she will answer any question with as little words as possible. She doesnt talk much. :) Hmmmm I wonder where she gets this from?

Hunter....
Now him on the other hand... he asked me this morning, "Mom, I dont want you to pick me up from school.."
Me: "Really? You want dad?"
Hunt: "No I want to go home with Stef (aka Seth) or Nate. I want their moms to pick me up."

Jonah...
a few facts about Joe-
1. He loves to go behind our couch (which is up against a wall) and hang out there.
2. He LOVES balls :) and loves to throw things
3. He LOVES to play in Haley's room, Hunter's room, our bedroom, pretty much everywhere BUT his own room. He cries the moment you take him into his room.
4. He will bite himself and then look at you like you just did it.
5. He is scared of men. :)
6. He will bust up laughing simply if you are laughing... you dont have to tickle him.

I just love my kids unique personalities.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL! Your kids are too funny. I gotta try the laugh thing with Jonah. I could probably sit with him for hour just laughing. Haha! You should video tape a laughing session like that. LOL! That would be a great post! :)

Jenny and Scott Smith said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I miss them sooooo much!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Stef

Sarah (Miss Burrows) is a wonderful teacher. You are very privileged for Haley to have her. You'll see.

She is a devout Christian and her heart is as pure as gold. She used to go to CBC when we were kids and attended Ontario Christian High School. As a matter of fact, I think she is our age. I promise you, she is a truly amazing woman. I can't say enough about her.

Also, next year, if you get a chance, and she is teaching 2nd grade, you should ask for Monica Decker. She is another phenomenal Christian and great woman.

I am truly honored to call both those ladies my friends. :)

Hope Haley's week goes better than last week.

Stef said...

Who just wrote that post?? :)

Anonymous said...

Kim F.