Thursday, August 28, 2008

The start of school

The start of school has been eventful :). Haley and Hunter start school at the same time... Jim had to rearrange his work schedule so that he can take Hunter every morning. I think it is great. Jim is enjoying the time to chat with his son and be involved in Hunter's day... :) Hunter was THRILLED when I told him that Dad is going to take him to school everyday! It was cute. (to see more of Hunter's class and teacher - it is in a previous post)
Haley is in first grade. She is still at Caryn Elementary School, which is right by our home. WE walk to school. She has Miss Burrows. I really think her teacher will be a good match for Haley. Haley picked out her first day of school clothes... Camp Rock. She has a Camp Rock backpack... shoes, shirt, shorts, folders... I think she likes camp rock. We listen to the sound track in our car (even Hunter sings along) I am not sure how much of the movie she really follows....
Above is Nate and Hunter at Chick-Fil-A after school on their first day of school. Jane and I took our boys for a fun lunch to celebrate. Hunter and Nate seemed to really enjoy preschool. The first thing Hunter told me when I asked him about school was, "MOM, Mrs Jones DOES have trains!" He was worried that there wouldnt be trains to play at school... :) Hunter likes trains :)
Haley and Grace (across the street) I think it is funny that she will forever be known to my friends and family as Grace-across-the-street as if that is her WHOLE name. They wore the same outfit for the first day of school. Grace is in afternoon Kindergarten this year and has Haley's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Gilfry.
Overall, this week has been a tough one on Haley. Just adjusting to going to school ALL DAY LONG and having to get use to new routines... She likes school and her teacher and for that I am happy!

OH and I know earlier I posted about my cell phone being found... I was referring to my cell phone that got stolen earlier this summer. :)

3 comments:

Jenny and Scott Smith said...

We miss the kiddos!!!

Helen said...

I cannot believe Haley is in 1st grade already. She's getting to big. What a doll, she is!

himawarigurl said...

you have wonderful kids stef. I miss them so much.