Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Night away!

Yes that is right baby!!!
I was having an interesting week and I remembered Megan saying WEEKS ago that she wanted to go on a girls get away. So I texted Megan: Wanna go on a girls weekend? ... half thinking - where would we go and when would we even have time to plan such a trip...
She responded quickly... YES!!
Somehow in just a few short days... all VIA text and email... planned a night away to Santa Barbara. Her Aunt Carol lives out there and had room for two of us to bunk on her couch... PERFECT!
Personally, we could have bunked in the bathroom I would have gone.
We Left Last Saturday morning (the day scott and jenny left for Georgia) at about 830am.
We had lunch... ice cream... walked the beach... shopped...
It was great!
There was no hurry...
No complaining children (or husbands - Jimmy hates to window shop)
This is us eating our Rite Aide ice cream. YUM!

If we had to stop for gas or Meg had to change a diaper... I popped out with my sudoku.

Averie came with us... She is a doll!
We ate cookie dough and watched a chick flick. (Like High school)
We stayed up till 2am talking and just chillin'. I cant get this picture to delete... HA... so I made it small.... We did face masks and it was fun but not a picture you want big on your blog :) ... sorry meg
Sunday morning we slept in :) and then went to the beach to walk the beach where they were having an art show. (And a memorial for our troops)
Overall... we had a ton of fun! No agenda... It was great. Did I mention it was fun? :) Anyways... next time we want to bring a group of us and find somewhere to go where we could go for the WHOLE weekend.


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good for you guys!!! It is so great to get a little you time. It is even greater to have someone to stay with for free!

Helen said...

Good going Stef. I'm so happy you got to go and enjoy a bit of fun. Just for you.