Friday, August 15, 2008

Haley

My daughter is just blossoming into a beautiful girl... here are a few examples of the things she does that melts my heart...

1. Yesterday we celebrated Joe's first birthday with our family and she was upset because she hadn't gotten him a present from HER. She brings me her wallet and asks me to take her to target to get Joe something. Inside her wallet she has a dollar and eighty cents. She is so cute. She wanted to get him both a toy and clothes. I had to help her out with some money :) She even wrapped her own gift.

2. The past few days I have been slow to make my bed (something I do everyday out of habit). Haley has come into my room and has made my bed for me. She does a great job. I have learned early on not to fix it... it crushes her spirit if I do and really, does it matter all that much if it isnt exactly linear?

3. She will leave me sweet little notes under my pillow for me to find at night when I go to bed.

4. When I scrapbook or read or journal... she wants to do that with me.

5. When she knows someone is sick... ie... our neighbor or me... she will bring a stuffed animal to them and GLADLY give it to them.

There are more... but for now... I will stop there.

4 comments:

Helen said...

You are so right. Haley has the sweetest little personality. She is a giver, a loving little mother to her brothers and she reflects a true Christian attitude. I am so proud of her.

Nicole Leonard said...

What a sweetheart!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a sweetie pie! Now you made me want to have a little girl. Haley sounds really empathetic. Very good quality.

VandeFamily said...

Very very sweat!
What a precious little girl - you must feel like a special mom!
Jenna