Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A GIRL ONLY POST

Ok... so I went to the movies last night to see Mamma Mia with my mom, THANKS MOM. Totally worth it. A good movie... :) Anyways... not why I am posting.
I took a shower before going to the movies and, for the first time in over a year, I wore an underwire bra.... (for those lurkers out there who read my blog that I dont know ... I have been nursing a baby, so I have only been wearing nursing friendly bras)... OMG it hurt. Why did it hurt? I wore the thing for TWO hours... by the time the movie was over I got in the car and took it off!!! (I am thankful I didnt have car issues because that wouldnt have been fun... plus I think I gave a show to the car next to me as I took it off at a red light). It hurt that BAD!!!

SO any recommendations for a good NON-nursing bra that ISNT underwire? Plus that will be flattering... I ALWAYS wore underwire BEFORE Jonah.... so this new style is going to be new to me.

Sorry... I had to share... I know TMI... but in case you havent met me, really I could do much worse.

7 comments:

Gina said...

Sorry no help here, I ALWAYS wear an underwire, even when nursing...yuck!

Jennifer said...

sorry, no help here as I always wear underwire bras, including my nursing bras. I just would of liked to see the guys face in the car next to you at that red light. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glamorise Sports Bra (also called the Hallelujah Bra at titlenine.com)

Moving Comfort Fiona Bra (also called the 3-Reasons Support Bra at Title Nine)

Really, I haven't been disappointed with any bra sold at Title Nine (although most are sold elsewhere for cheaper).

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind but I am a friend of Allison's so I don't know if that really makes me a lurker but I thought I would comment anyway...

You might want to try Motherhood Maternity, sometimes they have a good sales person who can help with fitting. I live in the Valley and the one in the Mall was really great with that.

I learned my lesson with bras a few months ago. I decided to buy a cheap (regular bra) from Walmart and after 2 washings, both wires were poking out into my who ha's (?) Ouch.

Hope this is helpful!

Michelle said...

OMG! I have had issues with bras forever. I need the support so I have to have an underwire. The VS Angel's Secret Embrace is the most comfortable underwire bra I have found. It's expensive compared to some bras (about $50 bucks) but it's worth it. I haven't had any issues of the wires poking out into your armpit like other underwire bras. And it's more comfortable when you site down- it doesn't dig down into your stomach...if you know what I mean. It makes your boobs look nice in your clothes and if you get the right fit (I heard on Oprah most women aren't wearing the right size bra) it doesn't create that indent some women get on their backs (it's not OBVIOUS your wearing a bra). Can you tell I love my bra?! LOL!

Erin said...

I think you should go to Victoria's Secret and get measured. You might be wearing the wrong size because your boobs do funky things when you're pregnant and breastfeeding. Plus, they'll give you a bucket of bras in your size to try on and see which one you like. Also, I've realized, you just can't go cheap on a bra. I bought two bras from target and have suffered the consequences of being poked by my underwire and having my boobs overflow out of my bra and into a weird looking buldge under my shirt. Annoying! (I'm soooo voluptuous!) Anyway, spend the money and get a good one, and just wash it often so you can wear it everyday! :)

Anonymous said...

I will show you my bra I have can't wear underwire either. I got my bras from Victoria Secret. It is the most comfortable bra I have ever worn. They are expensive in the 50ies but you can keep an eye out for a buy one get one half off coupon. I will never wear underwire again!!!

Jenny