Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Where did Jonah come from?

Ok, so at lunch this was the conversation the kids had....

"What store did you buy Jonah at?" asks Hunter.
"Jonah came out of mama's tummy." states Haley.
"No... first we bought Jonah and then they put him in mommy's tummy then he popped out, right mama?" Hunter says so confidently.

Now Jim and I are in the room, praying that the question we think will follow won't... but sure enough Haley asks, "Mama, how did Jonah get in your tummy?"

How do you answer a five and a half year old this question? Do you explain it differently to a 4 year old?

We told her God put him there.... and so far that was a good answer....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

"Children are a special gift from God. Your dad and I prayed that we would have another baby and God answered that prayer when I became pregnant with Jonah." And hope that is enough for the next several years :)

Anonymous said...

I posted some way cute pics/video on my blog of Jonah BTW.

And I have NO idea how to answer that question. Buy them that book with the creepy illustrations that we all had growing up, well at least I did - Where Did I Come From? or What's Happening to Me? Something like that. LOL