Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Allergy test ...Part two..

Ok so I thought the first test sucked.... think again.... part two was WORSE! When we walked in, there were people who were there last week and remembered us :). So we got a lot of ..... "ahhhhhh is she ok?" "poor girl!" and whispers, "that was the girl who screamed last week..."

Once we got into our room.... the nurse goes to wipe Hay's back with some clear fluid of some kind and Hay SCREAMS and then cries.... what ever it was, burned her ecxima out break on her back.... Not a good way to start. The nurse then says.... "I may not be able to do the whole test today, she may have to come back to finish." OH NO.... we are not putting her threw THREE tests....

Well, as you can see in the picture, she got the test, all of it. It took a half hour to convince her that she needed to lay down for the test. She fought it... she refused to lay down and cooperate. I gave her three choices.... (which I said very nicely because I knew I couldnt get mad at her for not wanting to be poked.)

1. I will lay on you holding you down and you will have this test and afterwards you get NO ice cream.

2. YOU lay down on your tummy, you squeeze my hand as hard as you want, you can scream as loud as you want and after wards you get ice cream.

3. You get a shot test out of your arm where they take your blood.

She choose #2. And yes, she screamed....

Afterwards, the nurse came in with sample pokey things and let haley poke me with it so I could see how it felt.... Hay JAMMED that thing into my arm... it felt GOOD.

We dont know the results yet... I do know she isnt allergic to any food. :) (at least any food they tested for)

1 comment:

Helen said...

I feel for you both. Len had those terrible pokie things at 3 years old. It was so hard on him. But, they discovered what he was allergic to -- practically everything -- and started giving him shots for it. He got worlds better!!! It was worth it!

I did the same thing, Stef. I mean the ice cream promise. Works every time. :)