Wednesday, May 28, 2008

to share or not to share?

Looking for more advice...

Ok, so when your kids are real young you teach them to share... share share share.... everything needs to be shared....

Does there ever reach a point where your children don't need to or have to share and it isnt rude? Haley has some "special" toys that she loves and doesnt want to share with Hunter.... (i dont think they are anything that great and i don't understand her attachment to them... but i play with rolled up paper and I dont share that so who am i to judge what is special) I dont understand why she shouldnt share her "special" toy if she isnt playing with it.... but then I got to thinking about it, I dont share EVERYTHING of mine even if I am not using it.... ie.... mascaria, toothbrush, my wedding ring, earings, underwear, my scrapbooking pens.... am I making sense? It is late :) (930 is late to me now... sad huh?)

Any thoughts? anyone?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aubrey has special toys that she doesn't have to share. She also can't play with them around Ainsley unless she is willing to share. Those can be things that Hailey keeps in her room and plays with in there. If she is being isolated from the family, it may make her want to share them. Of course I am dealing with 3 and 1, but for now wooden puzzles are sacred.

Erin said...

When I taught preschool we didn't always force the kids to share. We asked them if they wanted to play with so-and-so and if they said no, then so-and-so had to play with something else. I think that's okay. I don't always want to play with other people. We did teach sharing though and we talked about neing nice... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Carrie said...

Growing up, my mom let my brother and I each have a "special shelf". We could put things on it that were extra special to us and they were off limits unless we specifically offered them to someone. Again, as long as we weren't rude about playing in front of others, it was ours and that was fine. We were also not allowed to put things on there just to be spiteful.

Anonymous said...

LOL mascaria is pretty important

Great seeing you today girlie!