Friday, May 02, 2008

Snails for sharing?

Every morning we have a family of snails that welcome us on our porch :). The kids think they are our pets. There usually is five of them and because there are five of us, Hunt has named a snail after each of us. Hunter has sharing EVERY Tuesday and Wednesday at pre-school. He wanted to bring our "pet" snails to school for sharing on Tuesday but I told him we had to ask his teacher first. When we asked her, she said yes....
Wednesday came and we packed up our "pets" and walked to school. As we were walking, we had a few snails trying to escape.... that Hunter didnt want to carry the snails anymore so he asked our neighbor friend who walks with us every day if she would carry them.
Us walking to school! I love walking with the kids to school... it is one of my favorite things to do with them during my day! It is a beautiful walk and there are so many things to see (for a 3 and 5 year old).

When we got to school, Haley's teacher made such a big deal over the snails that Haley ended up bringing snails to share on Thursday... Nice...

3 comments:

Joi Copeland said...

Yuck! I could not have done it! Needless to say, our "bug" study did not last for long! Ewwww!

Jessica said...

Gross, I hate snails. Your hair looks cute though!

Helen said...

I love the picture of the kids walking to school. That's a keeper if I ever saw one.

I've experienced the snail fascination when my boys were young -- snail races and naming each one -- but, never had the privilege of taking them to school for share day. Lucky you!