Monday, May 19, 2008

Update on my "I need advice" post

I got some really good ideas from that post... I liked what Jen said about them being bored.... I must say that THAT scares me about summer approaching! I think Jen is right, that they are bored... but I also think some of it is Jonah getting attention (when I feed him). I was observing my kids since my post and a lot of my annoyances come when I have to feed Jonah. Hunter tries to climb up on my lap.... Haley happens to need me to do something.... So I think I am going to try having them rotate (like Jen said) through activities at home and one of those activities will be one on one time with me :).

I did try Erin's idea on letting them just work it out themselves :). It TOTALLY worked.... Haley came to me with a LAME complaint against Hunter, something like he wont let her look at her own polly pockets. I told her that if they couldnt work it out all the polly pockets were going to be put away.... AMAZINGLY they worked it out.

1 comment:

Joi Copeland said...

Chris and i realize the importance of having one-on-one time with the kiddos. We decided that maybe twice a month, if not more, we will have 15 minutes with each kid. The kid who is by himself can play gameboy or something else. I know it isn't a whole lot of time, but it really makes a difference in their attitudes! Plus, we get to enjoy our kids without interruptions from the other two!