Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Just some things I am learning

- FIRE ANTS.... this is my current fear right now.  my friend, Kimberly, has a son Hunter's age who once fell in a fire ant hill and got HUNDREDS of bites from the ants.  Of course out of all three children of mine, who would fall into a hill.... HUNTER.... and he did.  LUCKILY he did NOT get bitten.  I guess they hurt.   Haley got bit by one yesterday and she screamed... she said it stung.  YUCK
- HAY STACKS.... they are everywhere!  What do you do with hay?
- MIN speed limits.... You cant drive less then 40 miles per hour on the INTERSTATE.  I laughed at this law... but the other day I got caught behind someone who WASNT going faster then 40 and because there isnt like five lanes on the Interstate to pass the slow poke... it isnt fun 
- I LIVE IN THE BIBLE BELT..... I have a lot of things to go under this fact.... you know you are in the bible belt when the TEN commandments are posted on the interstate for all to read.  Also, people have it posted as a sign in their yards.  When you meet people in the store.... they ask, "Have you found a church yet?"  One guy told JImmy, that he has to find a good baptist church.  EVERYONE here goes to church.  
- ROAD KILL HERE IS DISTURBING.... it is like a BIG honking carcass to avoid with your  car.
- I hit a dog... :( because there are not a whole lot of "privacy fences" dogs run loose.... oops... I didnt kill it... but it scared me to death.
- EVERY CHURCH HAS A CEMETARY.... nice
- SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED ON ELECTION DAY.  Today Haley is hanging out here because schools close down on election day because that is where people vote.
- THE FALL COLORS COME OUT MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.... it is beautiful!
- DEER WILL JUST VISIT YOUR HOUSE.... the other day JIm saw deer crossing our street.... just out cruisin' the neighborhood.
- Hunter and Jonah sharing a room STINKS......  It is getting better but they like to wake each other up.... NICE
- GEtting use to east coast time is weird.  It is weird to watch a baseball or football game and on the game it is daylight... but you are watching it live and it is pitch black outside.
- COLLEGE FOOT BALL IS HUGE.... HUGE.... on a game day, people dress themselves... their mailboxes... their shoes... walmart has a Georgia Bulldog ROOM to shop in with all stuff Georgia Bull dogs.... 
- You can see the stars.... :)



Thats it for now ... :)

5 comments:

Aaron, Allison, Kaitlyn, Mackenzie and Owen said...

Hey Stef! It's good to see pictures of all of you. Kaitlyn asked me to tell Haley "I love you and miss you, cuz you are my girl" I'm not sure what that means...but I think it's cuz she is going through a girls only faze right now. Anyway..Your kids are all so cute!! I love the chicken costume on Jonah. :-)

Rachel said...

Fire ant hills are big enough to fall in??? That's crazy. I am glad he didn't get stung.

Beckie said...

Stef, moving near you sounds mighty nice right now!!!!

Helen said...

Lots of fun stuff to get use to, huh? More good than bad though, it sounds like to me. Bud and I really had a good time reading this entry. You're so funny! :) We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psmith said...

I MISS YOU!!!!! but you already know that! Surprise....I am NOT crying right now! Aren't you proud of me! I can't promise that for tomorrow though! LOVE & KISSES to the whole bunch ! Mom/Nana