Monday, March 17, 2008

Won't you be my Neighbor?

I love our neighborhood! We have AWESOME neighbors... Everyday (if the weather allows) the kids on our street come out and play... all ages... range from Hunter (age 3) to Daniel (age 14, but he really supervises).
In the above picture, we have Haley, Hunter, Wes and Grace-across-street (my kids call her that because we have another friend - grace smart that we knew first before we moved.) Wes doesn't live ON our street... he lives two streets down. Him and Grace-across-the-street will be in kindergarten next year together.
Some of our activities include sidewalk chalk... very fun... WARNING.... sidewalk PAINT is not fun when the kids decide to paint your van!

Like I said, Wes lives two streets down and today that worked out great for us... Hunter knocked down our stupid pantry and glass containers that were temporarily resting on top fell on top of his head... GLASS was EVERYWHERE... his head was covered in glass like he just got out of a sand box, except it wasn't sand.... The sound was AWFUL!!! Haley and I immediately freaked out and screamed.... Jimmy ran into get Hunter out of the mess.... I took Haley down to Carrie's house so I could clean up the mess (and so she could be removed and calm down a bit, she was shaken up a bit) while Hunter and dad had a "clean Hunter party".... We had to shave ALL OF HIS CURLS off..... to get the glass out of his hair!!!! I am so sad! I loved Hunters longer curly hair... it was messy, but it was his style :(.... So when you see him next and he is BALD.... please know I am terribly sad about it :(

Thanks Carrie for taking care of Hay so I could clean the mess....

1 comment:

Helen said...

Trust me, the curls will grow back!