Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Gooooooooood morning Alta Loma!

This is a picture off my front porch at the wee hours of 630am :)

I decided I needed to become better prepared for my school days. I am not a morning person... (ask anyone who has seen me first thing in the morning...) so I am FORCING myself to be... :)

I am blogging it because I need the accountability!

WHY am I torturing myself?

Well, because I HATE rushing in the morning before school and to be honest... it doesn't matter WHEN I get up, I still hate to get up! I love my bed toooooo much. I could get up at 8am and STILL not be nice and grumpy and tired... so really, it doesn't matter.

Here are the benefits of me getting up early...
1. I am dresses and ready before the kids are up.
2. I get to see the sunrise which is one of my FAVORITE all time things to see :)
3. The kids and I can walk to school, take our time...
4. My kids can eat breakfast at home as opposed to cereal in a bag in the van on the way to school
5. I can have a morning quiet time :) I LOVE this one!

BUMMER about getting up early...
1. It is still dark outside..:( (but that only leads to my favorite scene :) - the sunrise)
2. It is cold (but it isnt that much warm later)
3. I don't get to lay in bed with Hunter and watch Thomas.... wait, this is a plus :)
4. Last night I fell asleep early :) (I like night time)

4 comments:

Erin said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm up that early too. Think of me while you're watching the sunrise and sipping your coffee. At least you get to drop two thirds of your kids off at school! Haha! J/K! I love my kiddos!

Anonymous said...

I really should try this... It seems like it takes me a full hour just to function reasonably! I may adopt your method!
-Mindi

Rachel said...

I am a morning person, but hate that I wake up to someone needing me immediately. I actually bargained with God last night, and said that if he woke me up at 6:30 I would shower and get ready for my day before my kids got up. I woke up at 6:26 and assumed that wasn't HIM, since I asked for a 6:30 wake up call. Needless to say, I am not showered, nor ready for the day, and will continue to look like this until my kids afternoon naps.

Anonymous said...

Stef, you're my hero.

Nothing can drag me outta bed that early. That's why God gave me a late riser.