Thursday, March 27, 2008

8 Years and still going strong :)

On Tuesday, Jim and I celebrated our 8th year of marriage. WOW! We went to dinner and then spent the evening driving around looking for a daisy girl scout shirt for Haley. Regardless what we did it was nice to be together, alone. We were able to hold hands and walk side by side... Usually we are holding hands, but they are little and sticky :).

I have been watching Everyone Loves Raymond on DVD (thanks Joi) and watching it has really made me think of my marriage with Jim. Last night I was laying in bed thinking about all the reasons I love Jim and all the great things we have been through together so I wanted to post a blog post dedicated to Jim and all the great things in our marriage... I really don't know how to categorize my list.

- He is my best friend.
- We have THREE beautiful children!!!
- He is a wonderful father! He plays with the kids all the time... he is such an active parent. He reads to them EVERY night before bed. Not just one book... like three books each! If I have had a long day with them, when he comes home.... he has no problem giving me some quiet down time so I can chill while he takes care of the kids... On the weekends, he lets me sleep in (even though that is going away, not because he wont let me sleep in, it is more because I dont want too). These are things HE does... not things I make him because I am mean... he is just wanting to. Nice huh?
- I love that we both are boring. This comes from the episode in ELR where Debra and Ray go away on a getaway and Debra tries to make all these plans so that Ray thinks she is fun and not a boring house wife... when in the end they end up napping their WHOLE vacation getaway. I was thinking... that is EXACTLY what I would want to do. The weekend getaway I want is a weekend to the beach, a hotel room that overlooks the beach so I can have the blinds wide open and hear the crashing waves as I lay in bed reading a book or sleeping.... how fun am I?
- We both like the same kinds of movies. I like his boy movies... action, suspense, thrillers... I may not be into the war shot em thing... but other than that....
- We both love to play games... (except chess... I WILL NOT play that game with him... owww that and Monopoly!)
- He is the biggest dreamer I have met. He is so optimistic I love it. (well, sometimes it is a tad annoying)
- He WANTS me too and supports me in having me stay home with the kids. He doesnt care if we have to sell our house and move into a smaller place, he thinks that is important and supports me and encourages me in my staying at home efforts.
- He thinks I am beautiful even without makeup (that or he is a really good liar) :)
- One flaw... but we are still working on it... is he is a RED SOX fan :).... I dont mind that, I would just prefer him to come over to the ANGEL side of things :). May be make the RED SOX his number 2.... we will see.
- He really has a huge heart for the people out there that are in need.
- He is really funny...

You know... I could go on... but I have a head ache and a little boy who is jumping in my lap as we speak :) so I will have to go for now....

1 comment:

Helen said...

Stef,
It's amazing how much Jimmy's life mirror's Bud's. Of course, Jimmy has his own special touches, like the the game factor. The only game Bud likes to play is "who can be the quietus." :) Love, Helen