Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hanging with New Friends

The kids and I went to Memorial Park yesterday. This is a park I went to as a little little kid myself. The kids had a blast. It was a speer of the moment trip and we had a blast! I love spontaneous :).. I don't get to do that a lot but when I do it is always a fun adventure!
We met up with Joi and her three boys, Garrison, Gage and Gavin and the little girl she baby sits, Natalie (my good friend from high school, Kim's daughter).
My oldest two get along so well. I love it! (Actually ALL my kids get along, but really, it is pretty hard to NOT get along with Jonah).
Hunter had a blast with Joi's boys! He talked about Gavin and Gage and the other boy in blue... In all fairness, Garrison is a long name AND is in a different class at church then the other three boys.
The boys playing birthday party :) one of my kids favorite things to play. They made sand b-day cakes and put a stick as the candle... then would sing to who evers b-day they say it was.

Lindsay and Bella came too! Haley was so glad to have another girl there. Haley LOVES Bella. She loves Lindsay too!
After the park, the kids and Joi walked back to her house for lunch! I had my car so Jonah and I followed at the stocker distance... I am surprised my van and my description isn't going around Upland schools.... :) I felt stockerish sticking my head out the window taking pictures. I wanted to capture Joi with ALL the kids. I should have given her Jonah in the stroller to push too!

She REALLY rocks with children! She is a FANTASTIC mother.... She has three wonderful boys... and great ideas on how to discipline them and teach them!!! If you ever need creative ways to deal with your kids and you feel you have tried all that you can think of... go to Joi.... She really rocks!!!

1 comment:

Joi Copeland said...

I appreciate your comments, Stef, but honestly, I don't really rock! I fall short many a times! But I love to read, and I find a lot of ideas that I love using, and that actually work! We had fun with you guys, too! It was truly a blast, and your kids are wonderful! :) I look forward to hanging out again!