Thursday, July 17, 2008

today has not been my favorite...

I just got back from the park. I took my friend's daughter to the park so she can clean her apartment because they are moving tomorrow. While at the park... there are these two lurker kids... no parents in sight and all they do is follow us. Jimmy calls me on my cell... I chat with him maybe five minutes and I am interrupted by one of the children... They couldnt open their fruit roll-up. So I get off with Jim and I put the cell phone on top of my purse... five minutes later... gone and so are the lurker kids...

Ok... so I drop off my friends daughter to her house... I make the call to cancel my phone.

(So friends out there... my cell is not in service right now)

We get home from the park and not even 10 minutes home and Hunter yells, "Mom, Jonah broke my glasses..." Many thoughts enter my head at the moment...1. what are the glasses doing off his face. 2. How could a baby break METAL glasses... 3. Those glasses are only months old... and cost 80 bucks... they better not be broken.

Sure enough... the METAL snapped in half... so unless I get my welding materials out, Hunter will need new glasses. I could hot glue them back together.... or make super glue?

So really... it hasnt been a bad day... just a few frustrations.... and I am venting...

Dad... Happy birthday! the BIG 40... :) and a few more years.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Stef! That is horrible. Did those kids really think you would continue to pay for the plan so they could have a cell phone? UGH! I was just reading an article about park safety and not leaving valuables unattended (I do all the time). I hope you get this all sorted out soon!

Erin said...

That stinks! Rotten little kids! Did you try calling your cell phone? Just thought it would be funny if they answered. You could try and scare them or something. Say that your phone is equipped with a tracking device and the cops will be there any minute.

Anonymous said...

I guess your lucky it wasn't your purse. But, how ironic is that? You just posted the other day about, what to do if your purse and all its contents get stolen and how to take photocopies, and then this happens. That's a bummer.

Also, Hunter's glasses may have a warranty or your insurance may be able to do something. They sometimes do that with kids.

The Corbett's said...

Someone needs to find those park kids and give them a beat down!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Little brats! What a sucky day, Stef. Bleh. And glasses are super expensive. Man, what a bummer!