Wednesday, July 02, 2008

MY LONG DAY

Today I took Haley and Hunter to the dentist. Hunter - for his first cleaning. Haley - to get her molers sealed. On the way there... the kids sang their made up songs about how they love the dentist.... cute!
We get there and Haley gets to go first. They sit her in the chair and prep her for the sealant. it is simply brushing something on her adult teeth to prevent cavities. THAT IS IT DUDE! Well, the stuff they put on her tooth is contained in a little container that looks JUST LIKE a shot. So she FREAKS OUT.... eventually she elbows the dentist in the face WHILE screaming! Mind you... NONE OF THIS HURT! She was scared, and I felt for her... but it was frustrating.
After she hit the doctor, the doctor decided it wasnt worth it.

To Haley's defense, the doctor pointed out that she is REALLY young to have such adult teeth already. AND she just had her allergy test.... so she has had a pretty emotional, health month :).
Hunter, on the other hand, simply LOVED his teeth cleaning! He was a little restless so I asked if we could have an apron (the kind they put on you for x-rays) to lay over him.... he simply laid there still as could be. The dentist was pretty impressed at how well that works for him that they said they are going to try that with other kids.

The drive home was NOT as sing-song as it was going. Haley was in tears, over what? I dont know. She was crying over the seatbelt, then about her hair, then about how long the drive was.... (Side note... she just came back from spending the night at a friends so I am thinking she didnt get the best of sleep). Hunter then started to fuss over his seat belt... We are driving in our corolla (to save on gas) and so the quarters are very small and their whining was SO GETTING ON MY NERVES.
We are on our way to pick up Joe from my mom when Haley finally says, "Mama, can we stay at Nana's and can you leave?" Awesome... I am not wanted... but you know at this point I think I would have GLADLY taken a mental hour to recoup.
As we are discussing this I come to a stop sign (turning right onto church from Hellman) and did the famous, California Roll. Guess who was hiding? Mr Copman. Yep... I get pulled over. Nice right?
Now the dramatic Haley is crying, telling Hunter, "Mama is going to jail and they are going to take our parents away and give us new ones.... I dont want new parents" so now she wants me :)
Hunter didn't seem to care.
hmmmm
Anyways... yes I got my first ticket. What was my reaction? I laughed. I know... I am not normal, but it seemed so fitting for the type of day I was having. I have NO IDEA how much this ticket is going to cost me or even how we are going to pay for it....
Side note... the Cop dude was a nice man... all business but very nice. He would have been nicer to give me a warning, but overall nice.

The drama is still going on as we speak. Currently she is upset with me because she claims I was the reason she didnt get her teeth done today.... why she is crying STILL over something that DIDNT hurt and really doesnt matter? I DONT KNOW! All I do know is she is going to bed SOON!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. That sounds like a really fun day!!!!!
This blog definatly made me laugh (sorry it had to be at your expense) Oh and btw You get mailed the paperwork to pay the ticket. You can go to court to pay it or usually they let you send it through the mail. If you do go to court make sure you get the right date though and don't drive 3 hrs to be there on the wrong day!!! : (Scott said if you go to court it is an automatic fine reduction)

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Oh man! When th crap hits the fan it really hits hard huh? Sorry about your horrible day. I've been there before. I got the same "california roll ticket", and so did Dan in the same week! That was fun to pay for...NOT.
Hope today is better!
-Min

leigh ann said...

So, it was really good seeing you today. The baby is getting so big. I don't know why I haven't been able to email you. I used stephanie.vandegrift@gmail.com and stephanievandegrift@gmail.com, but neither one worked apparently. My new email is lrondilone87@yahoo.com. I'd love to hear from you!!!

By the way, the dentist is always traumatic...even for a 10 year old!! Yes, my son still flips out!!! ;)

Danielle said...

Bummer. On a side note, I have the name of a FABULOUS kid dentist. Kelsey loved him so much, she cried when i told her she couldn't go back for six months.
Also, on itunes they have songs with your kids name. I chose "my dentist, Dr. Kelsey". It sings all about how she is the dentist. She loved it.

Anonymous said...

Stef, that was freakin hilarious. Although, I dread the days to come like that. I'm scared to have a girl for the emotionalness, isn't that sad? I've become a pro at having a boy - having a girl has got to be tough! I know - I'm tough! Anyway, you are a trooper. Your blog was a crack up.