Thursday, July 10, 2008

SCARLET ROSE IS HERE

My sister-n-law, Jenna and Jim's brother, Len - just gave birth to their first child! Scarlet Rose was born yesterday at 230pm. She is 2 months early and weighs 3 lbs and 3 oz. She is doing well for being so early. Jenna was having complications that were affecting her body and the doctors feared it would eventually harm Scarlet so they took her emergency c-section. The doctors say that she could be in the NICU for as long as 2 months.

If you have a moment and want to lift their family of three up in prayer, please do! I can't imagine what it would be like leaving the hospital without your child.

I don't have pictures of Scarlet yet... I have us in the waiting room.... but my computer is being a big boogar and not letting me even upload those...

5 comments:

Helen said...

I saw Scarlet Rose today. She is beautiful!! So tiny, but a real fighter. She has long fingers and toes, and has long limbs. I believe she will be tall like her daddy. We also think she has red hair like her mommy. Jenna is doing well, as is Len.

JennCorbett said...

Wow! I didn't even know she was pregnant. We will pray for them

Anonymous said...

Congrats Len and Jenna! Welcome Scarlet. That is the perfect name for a fighter. I am sure she will be wrestling with all her cousins in no time. We love you guys, Leah, Dan and Gabe

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the Vandegrifts and GGM Ruth and especially Len, Jenna & Scarlet..
We will wait patiently for pictures and hope everyone is doing well in the meantime...
Best wishes to all...
Uncle David

Jennifer said...

She is beautiful. I wanted to let you know that I had my son at 31 weeks and was also told that he would be in the NICU fot at least 2 months. He came home at 20 days and is a perfectly healthy and active 2 year old now! I wish your sister in law and family the best. If she had her baby at San Antonio, tell her to look into their parenting preemies class. It is WONDERFUL! Also, Stef if she needs someone to talk to who has been there done that, she can always call me or you can call me and we could meet with her together.
Jennifer Landes