Sunday, October 22, 2006

QUILTS!!!

Wednesday thru Friday of last week was very busy for me. I was quilting...

When I found I was was pregnant with Haley (back in Jan of 2002) I went looking for bedding for my new daughter who was to come in Sept. My mom said, "Stef, it would be so easy to make her a quilt for her crib, and so much cheaper..." Key word here... CHEAPER :) It cost me $7 bucks to make my daughters crib quilt (not shown on this blog sorry). That quilt was so easy to make that I decided to make more. I made quilts for grandparents, for my aunt and mom for Christmas. I made quilted table runner for my mother in law. Once Haley got to sleep in a big girl bed, I made her a purple square quilt for her new bed.


When I found out I was pregnant with Hunter I made him this big boy quilt. (picture below) The denim is from old jeans of mine :) .. notice the old navy pocket square...

So going back to what I started saying... This past week I made a king size quilt for Jim and my bed. (No we do not have a king size bed, I just like a quilt that covers all the other bedding underneath.) I had made a quilt for a bed back when I made Haley's baby quilt. Purple, yellow, and green. (Jim can't really see the color purple... he thought it was blue... shhhhhh) When Haley was 18 months, she found scissors a and found my quilt and went scissor happy.... Yes, I had to call in the quilting paramedic for help.... MOM.... She patched it up... nicely too, but there was no way to hide that there was an incident. SO for a few more years, we slept with this quilt on our bed. Until recently when I was looking around our room and noticed that my purple, yellow and green quilt didn't really match the curtains and other accessories in our room very well. So I decided to make a new quilt. Whew.... A lot of words just to tell you about my new quilt huh?

Below is the purple, yellow and green quilt I made a few years back... the one that the scissors went too :( This, still, is my favorite quilt.... :) Scissors or not....

This is my new quilt for our bed. I made it out of curtains I had boughten for our house when we moved a year and a half ago. I had too many... so now I have a quilt that matches our curtains. This quilt cost me $0 dollars to make .... one... we had batting given to my mom and I from my dad's aunt... two, I used my moms thread... Thanks mom.... and three... the fabric I used I had already. I had the extra curtains, I had green fabric from two years ago when I was going to make a quilt for my trailer, and the blue is from one pair of Jimmy's old jeans (shhhh he doesn't know.. he hasn't worn them in over a year) and from an old navy skirt I never wore. So yes, it cost me something years back... so I guess it cost me something.... but years ago....

Anyways... I hope you like my quilts and if you don't ... that's ok cause I like them and I am the one who uses them :)

Out of the one's pictured... Which one is your favorite?

7 comments:

psmith said...

I just can't pick a fav....I love them all! And the girl who made them! :)

Kim said...

WOWWIE!

I was just online looking for ideas for Santa to make a quilt for Zachary! He wants to change his room to Star Wars! I am so impressed and now extra inspired to make sure Santa gets it right for Zachary!

Jessica said...

Great hidden talent Stef! My favorite is Hunter's quilt = )

Anonymous said...

Hey Stef,
I really love the new quilt! Very cute!
Jenny

Megan said...

Stef, I really like them all, but I guess my fav is the purple/yellow/green one because I like the BIG square look.
Great job, I tried reading your blog in one breath but it needed a few more! :) Hee.

Anonymous said...

i like the new one, because i think it's rad that you cut up your husband's jeans without him knowing, and it's also super cool that the quilt matches the curtains. you are a natural wonder, miss stephanie. Love, Lisa C - i mean K.

The Corbett's said...

I love the Huntman's quilt!!! Hey Stef can you teach me to quilt I have ALWAYS wanted to learn???