Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My 31 birthday

On April 23rd, I turned 31.  In the morning I had playgroup and went to the park with all the other moms and their kiddos.  My friend, Kimberly, baked cupcakes and all the kids sang happy birthday to me... it was cute.
Below is Joe and his buddy Corbin.... Kimberly's youngest.
That evening, Jimmy took care of all the arrangements... before people came over, he let me take a nap (lets face it, a day at the park is not relaxing with a 20 month old).... he got Mexican food from a restaurant and Jenny baked a pound cake with NO frosting (my favorite)....  Jimmy loaded it up with 31 candles for me to blow out.  Nice.... He took great pleasure in that.  
The kids helped me blow it out.
Pam, Bonnie, scott and Jenny all came to celebrate my birthday!  


The next day, Christine surprised me with a visit.  She flew out from California for a three day weekend.  (Fri-Mon).  It was a great birthday present.  We had so much fun.   (I will blog more about her trip out here later)
For my birthday, jim arranged for my friends and I to have a girls night.  He facebooked three of my friends here in Georgia to find a day that would work out for them.... 
Above is Christine and Crystal... We went to dinner to the Olive Garden
Jenny, me and Kimberly... Rachael couldnt make it. 
After dinner we walked around the Mall of Georgia... Then we went back to my house to play games and eat chocolate covered strawberries.... It was a late night but totally worth it.  We had fun!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds really fun! That's cool you have Olive Garden out there in the sticks! :)

Ryan, Jane, Nate and Zach said...

I'm glad you had such a great day. Miss you!

Helen said...

You deserved that special day. I love you!!!

Erin said...

you know where there's really GOOD pound cake right now? Costco! Do you have costco? Maybe you can order it online. It's yummy!