Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Right now

Updates:

I found a mops.  It is at a local church, Chestnut Mountain Church.   I have only been once but I am not sure if I will return.  It was nice and people there were nice, however, something else came up at the SAME time as the mops.  A girl I met at the MOPS, Rachael, invited me to a bible study that is every week on the same day as the mops meetings are.  It is a Beth Moore study on the book of Esther.  I am really excited about it.  Child care is free :).  Plus it is very educational and I am looking forward to really diving in and learning about Esther. :)  If you havent read a study by Beth Moore... she is VERY detailed and knowledgeable... her studies are intense and really deep.  

We have been going to Corner-Stone Baptist Church more regularly now and have even tried one of their "Life groups" which is a fancy way of saying bible study.   This group seems very deep and detailed in their studies as well, which is very fulfilling.  We are studying Philippians. I kinda feel like I am in school with how deep both studies are.  I really like the challenge and the studies...   

Both Haley and Hunter are back in school.  They are having their 100th day of school party today!  They both love school... the only thing Hunter keeps telling me he doesnt like is nap time.  :)  They dont let him bag his head... according to Hunter. :)  Therefore he doesnt take a nap :).  

I am enjoying my time with Jonah.  He is growing so fast it feels like.  He is 17 months now.  Right now here are a list of his favorite things to do
- play in Haleys room with her Littlest Pet Shop
- Play with the dog food and water
- Pick other peoples noses
- High Five people
- Bath time!
- Feeding HIMSELF
- Trying to get inside the fireplace
- Baby Einstein
- Freedom to run anywhere he wants... like at Walmart
- Balls
- Little People toys
- Throwing Hunter's trains.... Hunter isnt to fond of this one :)
- Pushing TV buttons.

Those are just a few... :)  he keeps me busy :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

Jonah sounds a lot like Jacob. If we lived closer, they could hang out and push TV buttons all day long. :) Love you!

psmith said...

Don't let Jonah grow up too fast! He can't be starting college next time I see him!!! Miss you & Love you!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear your whole family is getting plugged in. We totally miss you, but I'm happy that you are getting connected. I'm a little jealous of your Beth Moore study - she is great.
ps - can you believe I actually posted on your blog?! :) love you!

Mandy said...

So I don't know if you were wanting advice on MOPS vs Beth Moore but hands down I say go with Beth Moore. I am hooked on her studies. My woman's Bible study is actually doing her Daniel study. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I done a few Beth Moore Studies and she is great. You will really love the study.
Give Jen a Big Hug for me.
Miss you all!

Helen said...

So glad you're still blogging for us. There are so many ways to stay in touch nowadays. The blogs are more personal, thanks!!! The facebook.com is fun, too! Can't decide from day to day which to do first!!!! :) LOVE THE DVD!!!