Friday, September 05, 2008

Vomit or no vomit... that is the question...

My friend and neighbor, Karla, and I were talking about the flu the other day and the question came up... to have the flu, I always thought vomit was included in the deal... Your thoughts?

Why were we discussing such lovely things... I have been sick the past few days... KNOCKED OUT flat dude! Seriously... Yesterday was the first day I was "well" and I was so weak from it all. My symptoms... high fever, body aching EVERYWHERE!!! and shakes (body shakes). THAT IS IT. It doesnt sound like a lot but trust me... I was out cold. I slept for pretty much the whole day of Wednesday.

This is when I wish I could call in sick. But as a mom you just cant. Luckily I am so blessed by people in my life. Jane took Hunter... she picked him up from school and kept him for pretty much the entire day (like 6pm) Karla came over and took Joe for me for the morning part... and Haley was in school for most of the day.

Wednesday - I was wake and up between the hours of 230 and 330. :) I had court - yes... remember the "California Roll" ticket I got... and I had promised Haley I would pick her up from school all week this week. So, again, Karla drove me with her to pick up the kids and even took my to the court house and waited in the car while I took care of my ticket :).

Later on that day, my mom came by and made me soup... and a friend, and neighbor, Karey, brought me a pizza for dinner. WOW... I felt so spoiled. Thank you my friends for helping me out!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

it sounds like the flu to me. My SIL has had mono for over a month and it has similar symptoms, I hope you don't have that, she hasn't left her house for a month!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love Karey D.

JL