Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Calling all police cars

It was a hot day today, so I had the house all shut up and the air going.... probably like most of you right?

At a quarter to 11 I gathered up Jonah, got my keys and headed out the door to my car. I had to pick up Hunter from preschool. The moment I stepped out of my door I was instantly hit with the sight of at LEAST eight cop cars and TWO motorcycle cops. The cars were all blocking my cul-de-sac and the two motorcycles blocked the side walks on both sides of the street.

Before I found out what happened like every nosey neighbor, I had to find someone to pick up Hunter from preschool because there was NO WAY I was leaving my street anytime soon.
To paint a picture... the eight or more cop cars were scattered across the entrance to our street like the end of a police pursuit or a bank robbery... it was exactly like the TV shows and movies.

Mom... thanks for picking up the Hunt man...

Ok... back to the story

Come to find out. My next door neighbor's 18 year old kid (who has had problems with drugs and has had the police here before- but has sworn he won't do anything against the law again - oops) and another neighbor kid was breaking into the homes on our street. The police caught the little suckers... One of the boys gave me a lovely sexual gesture while sitting in the back of the cop car. (Well, maybe he was giving the gesture to Pedro my 50 year old neighbor).

I kinda felt jipped... I mean... I could have totally seen all the action had my shades not been drawn....

A little scary that it was my NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR. What if it was MY HOUSE they robbed? Well, they wouldn't have gotten much. :)

According to the cops, the boys knew what they were doing... .probably having watched our homes knowing who was home or not. And it was most likely to get quick drug money.

3 comments:

Jenny and Scott Smith said...

awww don't you hate when you find out you have missed something like that?!

Gina said...

Scary! Glad you didn't get broken into...and that's good they got caught...stupid kids! (I sound like my grandpa...hehe)

Helen said...

Wow! Better than TruTV.