Sunday, September 21, 2008

Georgia in the Fall

For those of you who don't know yet...
We are moving to Flowery Branch, Georgia.
It is 44 hours from Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
We are leaving 4am on October the 13th. (Not a friday... monday) :)
We are driving there... ROAD TRIP....
The above picture is Lake Lanier which is about five minutes from where we are going to live.

Why are we moving?
Great question.
Well, basically ... this is something we have been looking into for over a year now, so as it may seem sudden for most of you, this isn't something we are just jumping at at the last minute.
Still haven't answered the question... WHY?
Well, simply, there are a few more opportunities for us out there, we have family out there, so we are going there. :)

We are super excited to jump at this adventure. The farthest I have lived from the home I spent 20 years of my life in is Fontana. I am excited for the experience of living in a new environment... I know there will be struggles and things that I will miss that ONLY california offers...

We will be having a moving sale this Saturday at our current home in Alta Loma, Ca... if anyone would like to pop by and support us. Another way you can support us is just keeping us in your prayers...
- For a safe trip out there and a fun trip out there...
- For our children and their adjusting to all this (Especially Haley)
- For Jim's future job
- God's provision

We will be keeping you all up dated on our journey to Georgia on the Blog... so stay tuned. :)

Thanks for your support and prayers

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know this is something you have been praying and hoping for. Even though I don't see you very often anymore, I am going to miss you tons! I pray you all get adjusted quickly and like your new adventure and place of home.

Michelle said...

WOW! It's a surprise but then again it's not. I knew you wanted to a while ago but I didn't think you guys were going once you decided not to a while ago. Well, Jason and I are happy and excited for you guys. GEORGIA! I couldn't imagine being so far away from California. I will miss seeing you guys (even though I only saw you and the kiddos once in a while- and Jimmy at work...lol). I will definitely keep in touch by email and of course by blogging. I heard you couldn't blog about this for a while...LOL! If you want, I can donate some things you can sell on Saturday...I have a bunch of stuff I've was just going to give away but you can have it! Let me know... :) <3M

Danielle said...

Just when we were starting to really have fun together! BUT, i totally know when god is leading you to do something, you gotta do it. It will be hard, there will be tears, but it will be OK. I will miss you tons, but at least we have blogs!

Anonymous said...

I will miss you dearly, but don't worry... your memories here will always be with you and they will be the things that get you through everyday life! So hold close to them! Remember that god has a time and a place for us... for you it's in Georgia. So relax and enjoy the journey, becuase you know God already paved your way! You guys will bein my prayers!
-Mindi

Jenny and Scott Smith said...

I was laughing when you said that Georgia is 44 hours from Rancho....It is only 3 hours in time difference!! LOL.
We can't wait for you guys to get here!!
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do with the house? And, what about your folks? I can only imagine, they are right behind you. Huh? C'mon, you can tell. Are Pam and Ken moving out there too? They can't be without all of you. Your mom will go crazy without her babies around her.

Good Luck on your new adventure.

Helen said...

It warms my heart that your friends are so understanding and supportive of you. Your family is too. You are so blessed. We know God is in this.

Helen said...

Oh, btw, I love the new look on your blog.

Jenny and Scott Smith said...

Stef do you remember what part of the lake that was that you took that picture? Was it at a park?

himawarigurl said...

oh stef, I just read this blog. I know you gonna start great journey to your life in Georgia. move can change your life and it's awesome. God knows everything. you and your family are always in my prayers. miss you.