Monday, May 21, 2007

We have a name!!!

As most of you know, we have been going back and forth with a name for our little man! We debated on if his name needs to start with an H, will he feel left out... bla bla bla... I finally got sick of even thinking of a name that I went to my computer on Friday and decided to take my mind off of names and catch up on peoples blogs... I went to my friend Leah's blog where she had an entry on the process her and her husband went in naming their boy. (note.. I had read this entry before and was not looking to read ANYTHING that had to do with naming a kid...) After reading it, an amazing amount of peace went threw me ... I took a look at the list of names Jim and I had made and started thinking, "If this was our first child, would these names still be on our list?" Meaning... if it wasn't for this H thing would I even consider the H names on our list... answer... NO. I called Jim and asked him the same thing and he answered, no. Feeling this huge amount of weight lifted off my shoulders, I felt like I had gotten somewhere. Jim and I spent the weekend praying over the names and not talking about them. Yesterday we got in the car for church and we both told each other which name we felt the Lord was pressing on us. It happened to be the same name, and again, just peace fell over the two of us. We feel really good about our final choice. His name is going to be Jonah Brian. Jonah means, peacemaker... He has the same initials as Jim :).

The above picture has nothing to do with this entry, it was just a cute picture! Hunter fell asleep on the couch and Haley brought over animals for him to cuddle with and covered him with a blanket. She is very sweet!

10 comments:

The Cavanaugh's said...

Good for you guys for not getting caught in the "I have to name my kid this because..." trap! I think Jonah Brian is a great name!! Congrats! :)

The Whitehead's said...

I'm so happy for you! And I love the name!

Taylor said...

Good name! I love it!

Stef said...

This is what my Aunt Shellie wrote me after I told her our sons name.

It is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday, Jasen, Prestin and I were doing English. I asked Jasen what the name of Haley and Hunter’s baby was. First he said Esther, then I told him it is a baby brother, then he says, baby Jonah! I meant to tell you yesterday. He’s been saying baby Jonah all the time now! He will be soooooo excited!

Stef said...

That was said BEFORE he knew the name... cool huh?

Erin said...

I am so relieved!!! I have been losing sleep over it, too! :) J/K I really like Jonah. Crazy what your aunt wrote. If he ever feels left out because of his lack of H-ness, tell him that story. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Seeeeeeeeeeee I told you God would help you name him. What a blessing!!! And now his name means so much more because you were able to step outside for a minute and listen to God's whisper. I'm so happy for you guys!!

daisygirl said...

Hey Stef,

I'm so glad you both agreed and feel a peace about Mr. Jonah. I love it! No more stressing!

psmith said...

LOVE IT...LOVE HIM...LOVE YOU!
Can't wait to hold little Jonah!
Nana

Anonymous said...

Little Jonah has already made a place in our hearts. What a blessing he is.

I loved the picture of Hunter, so sweet.

Gramma