Saturday, March 10, 2007

What age?

I just got done reading My Sisters Keeper, by Jodi Piccoult. In the story, one of the main characters is dieing of Kidney failure. She turns to her sister and asks, "When you are in Heaven, do you think you get to pick the age in which your body is? Not your mind... your mind is like an adult." The girl goes on to say that she would pick to be the age 19 because she was currently 16 and thought 19 would be a great age to be.

I am asking this question to you, not because I think it is true or not, but just because it is a fun question... If your mind is an adult mind, what age would you want your body to be? So far my favorite is from Bill and Carrie. One said they would be 92 because they wouldn't care, and the other picked the age 4. I had laugh... I pick 17 because I was really into sports and was in the best shape of my life... BUT I would NOT have picked my hairdo at age 17... it was NOT PRETTY!!!

5 comments:

psmith said...

21 baby! I was thin, young and in shape! Can I be tanner in heaven?...please!

The Corbett's said...

6!!!! Life is soooo great when you are 6 :)

Anonymous said...

I would probably pick 20. I was also very skinny and tan, but I hadn't made the mistake of cutting off all my hair yet, but I had become enlightened to the art of eyebrow waxing!

Rachel said...

I'll say 35. I'm sure I will be skinny, tan, athletic, and have perfect eyebrows by then. Most likely I will be done having kids and be that mom that everyone says "You have X ammount of kids, you look amazing..." Ummm... make it 37, I may need a few more years to accomplish all that. Check my blog for my picture in eight years. :)

Besides I would hate to think I already hit my prime!

aramigan said...

Good question. I don't think I am old enough to answer. This year will be 30 years and each one has been better than the previous.

Leah