Saturday, January 20, 2007

We're Expanding

January 1, 2007 we found out that we are having baby number three. With both Haley and Hunter we pretty much told people right away, but with this one, we really wanted to wait until we heard the heart beat. January 18 we got to hear that heart beat! We are very excited. We are due the beginning of September. If this one comes like Haley and Hunter, 3 weeks early, then we are expecting an August baby. At this point, we are just happy it is healthy.

People have asked us that if we had three would we go with another H name. Our answer is this... :) a girl, we already had the name Hannah Grace; a boy... well, we haven't found an H name that we love yet and we don't want to just name him with an H name just because it fits the kids... I would rather name him a name we like then just settle for a random H name. So at this point, we have our girl name, but we are really stuck with the boy name. I think we have PLENTY of time to figure it out... we aren't worried :) but we are taking suggestions :) Both Haley and Hunter have the same initials too. HJV When we went to pick Hunter names, we always knew it was going to be James as the middle name, but it took us FOREVER to come up with Hunter and it WASN'T because it was an H name. We have thought that with this one, if we can't come up with an H name we love then why don't we switch the initials around to JHV and name him with a J.... we will see :)

We haven't told our kids yet. Hunter isn't going to know the difference but Haley will. I know she will be excited, but I am sure she won't understand the waiting period of it all. With Scott and Jenny's wedding back in March when they got engaged, all I heard was, "When is the wedding?" it was all she talked about... she had to act it out, all that and I DON'T want that with this :).

Here are two pictures of my family at Scott and Jenny's wedding. Soon we will be complete with a family of five :).

8 comments:

Kim said...

Have you considered Hayden or Hyatt? Another one is Heath? Do you remember Ann Zimmerman had a boyfriend named Heath?

Beckie said...

Congratulations Stef!!! That is so exciting that God is blessing you with another child to take care of!!! :) This must means he trusts you! ;) I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!! I will pass the info onto Charron, she still asks how you are doing. :)

Beckie

Anonymous said...

I know that this is not very popular and rather old school, but somewhat traditional...how about Harold...and you could call him Hal for short...come on people, I know that I am not the only one to think of this...and I seem to be partial to John for some reason, and actually in the Arambel family (which I realize you have little ties to) Jean is the correct spelling for John...which you do have ties too....
Congratulations..to all the Vandegrifts..
Love,
UD

Anonymous said...

Hayden is really cute. Its not old fashion and it isn't something he would be teased about.

Heidi is really cute too. But you really like Hannah so that's ok.

Hayden Joseph, Horatio j/k, Hollis, Henry, Heath Jared, Humperdink, etc.

Overall, I really like Hayden.

Anonymous said...

My dad is very good at name suggestions. I think that may be why he had six kids so that he could keep coming up with names. Good luck with the HJ name and congratulations!
Love you guys,
Leah, Dan, and Gabe

psmith said...

How about Hunk! Hunk Jock....( j/k of course) but....He is sure to be cute because look at his brother and sister! I love Hannah ! Can't wait to know which one we get to love!!!

Erin said...

Hey Vandegrifts! Your family is too adorable! I love the internet! How would I ever catch up without it?
Love,
Erin Hardwick (Graham) www.uahardwick.com

Jessica said...

Yay, more babies!