Monday, July 31, 2006

Superhero VBS





Haley and I spent all last week at the Flipside (our church) for VBS (vacation bible school). Haley had a blast! You can see in one of the pictures, her and Hunter (Hunter came for like one day) on stage dancing away! The theme was Superhero's of the bible... Joseph, Jesus, Esther, Ruth (I think) and I can't think of the other one... David? I spent my whole day at VBS in the "kitchen" helping with lunch!... One of the pictures is of my awesome lunch ladies :).... then there is one of me with Melissa, who was just a God send to me this past week! Thanks Lunch crew!

On Friday, all the kids got soaked... Flipside brought in a big water slide thing and little kiddie pools for the little kids. Haley was pretty scared of the big slide so she stayed in the safe zone. In the last picture, you can see Haley with her friend Grace. Haley, in the end, did go down the slide with her leader Blithe. I am not sure she liked it, but I was happy to see her try it!

Over all, we had alittle over 200 kids there all week. Everything seemed to go of really successfully! It was fun to be apart of this event!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That was fun, I am going to make sure I sign up to be a full time helper next year!

Wis said...

I'm glad Jane mentioned helping with this. I precursored going to VBS with a rant about not being a kid person but I think everyone did an awesome job from organizing to educating the kids about God and the Bible to showing them a good time. I had a really good week. I was happy to help and get to know some of the Flipside gals a little better.

Anonymous said...

I think its funny that Hunter is showing off his big muscles, sexy boy
Dan