Monday, August 14, 2006

My Summer Reading




This Summer I have done a lot of reading. My first book I read this summer was The Case For Faith, by Lee Strobel. A get non-fiction! It really gave me a lot of insight into the Christian faith! Not an easy read, there definitely was words in there I didn't know :)... Shocker!

Next I went on the read Leota's Garden, by F. Rivers (one of my favorite authors, I just can't spell her first name and am too lazy to get up). I liked it. It is about a family that has been torn and broken and are not close. Leota is the grandmother of her daughters daughter who wants to understand her family and why they all are the way they are. Make since? Easy Read!

Last year I read the Da Vinci Code and had really enjoyed Dan Brown's style of writing. SO I picked up his 700 page novel, Deception Point and read it in less than a week. Though I may disagree with some of Dan Brown's views, I love his thrillers! I couldn't put this book down! It is about NASA and presidential stuff.... You have to read it... Easy read!

Currently I am reading two books; Digital Fortress, by Dan Brown, and The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel.

Digital Fortress is about people who break codes (math) I like it a lot. This is one of his first books that I have read that I haven't disagreed with some of Dan Brown's "ideas".... Easy Read...
The Case For Christ is great. I love learning more about my own religion and studying facts about Christ. Not so easy read,.... but I find it very stimulating and fascinating!

I definitely recommend all of these books!

3 comments:

Kim said...

When do you find time for reading with two little ones at home???

Stef said...

At night and I dont watch any TV during the day and very little at night! :)

Anonymous said...

You are quite the reader...child!
Way to go!
Mom