Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Things I have learned about myself!!!!

This is how you are going to see me for a while, or until Jenny can help me fix my problem :). I have been trying to help us save money by completing tasks that I feel I can do without paying someone else to do... for example, I gave my dogs a lovely hair cut :) and saved us 80 dollars by doing so.

What I have learned is is that some tasks, there is a reason you pay someone to do it. They know how!

For example. A month or so ago I decided to cut my bangs. Why pay someone to do it... how hard could it be.... well, I spent the next three weeks or so pulling my bangs back because I did such a poor job cutting them! I kept trying to make them even and in doing so, cut them so short....

Ok, lesson number two that I have learned! When you die your hair, do not use hair die you have had in the cabinet for over two years. Last night I decided I was sick of my roots showing and didn't want to pay big bucks to have some professional die my hair brown. So I dug out this hair die... BROWN! I thought I would die it myself. The kids watched me, they thought it looked fun! Well, now I have purple/red hair that is so funny looking you can't help but laugh! OH MY GOSH!!!! When I blew my hair dry last night, Hunter looks up at me and says, "Mommy, I want red hair too!" so did Haley! Then Hunter said, "mommy, I think you look beautiful!" How sweet huh? Love is blind!!! :)

This morning Haley walked out of her room and took a double take... "Mama, I forgot that your hair is so red.... I still love you though!"

Anyways... fill free to laugh with me :) I am sure people think I am going through some mid life crisis or something... too bad I do this all the time and not just now! :) it is just hair and it will grow out or come out some time!!!

This picture doesn't even do it justice!!! It is BRIGHT and FUN :) (I write fun so I can feel better about it).. this picture makes it look cute... (as cute as this color could be on me)

5 comments:

Joi Copeland said...

I love red hair and think you look fabulous! And, if you need help, my darling husband dyes my hair all of the time and has for the last 10 years!

Anonymous said...

That's was a great story Stef! You can always bleach it with proxide! :) (Don't do that seriously). It'll grow out again.
-Min

Erin said...

Are you sure it was hair dye and not a koolade packet? This is disasterous! Almost worse than your 90210 haircut, but not quite. I emailed Gina and told her to check out your blog. Maybe she can help. Let's pray that she can help! :) And that's a very nice hat!

Michelle said...

OMG! That is soooo funny! Thank you Stef....I will never attempt to die my own hair. I would probably be worse...I wouldn't look as cute and my hair would probably fall out...not grow back. LOL! It makes you look like one of those High School kids now...LOL! <3M

Rachel said...

Erin got to the Koolade comment first! I wonder if you go for a jog if it will bleed down your face?

I love the do it at home method for a lot of things too. I really messed up Aubrey's bangs about a year and half ago and it took months to fix, now I am growing them out.