Friday, April 06, 2007

You Decide 2008

I actually had some free time this week to watch something other than Dora, so I thought I would catch up on my current events. It was about 7ish at night so really there wasn't much on local news stations so I turn to national news. What is the topic of conversation? YOU DECIDED 2008! They go on to talk about how much money goes into JUST RUNNING for president of the United States. It DISGUSTED me. Seriously... lets spend 20 million on HOPING to RUN for president! Obama is at $25 million and Ms. Clinton is at $24 million.... What disgusts me... is that here there are third world countries who are dieing of aids and we are raising all this money for two or three people to simply TRY at the presidency. Where are our countries priorities? PLUS you know what they are going to do with this money in order to TRY at the presidency? They are going to make commercials that SLAM their opponents! Trash talk.... I know I mentioned two Democrats, but the republicans are just the same! I just don't know what figures they are at with TRY at the White House.

In case this doesn't come as a shock to you after reading this, this is one of the main reasons why I hate politics ... I know it is important, bla bla bla... but I just get disgusted at all the trash talk, and all the money we waste. Isn't there a better way???

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's also a good reason to hate a system that pays actors and sports players insane sums of money for little or no reason. Here's a link to a Sarah McLaughlin music video http://www.worldonfire.ca/ that she did in her home and gave the money it would have cost to have it done professionally to world aid organizations. If you have five minutes it is really worth seeing.

Rachel